- Basic Life Support Lab: Addresses all elements of the Scene size-up and Initial Patient Exam.
- Adult & Child CPR and AED Skills Lab: Adult & Child CPR, AED, and Obstructed Airway skills are refined using mannikins.
- 3rd Triangle Skills Lab: Addresses SAMPLE History, physical exam, & vital signs and SOAP documentation in preparation for full simulations.
- Wound Cleaning Lab: Pig’s feet are used for training realistic wound cleaning and removal of impaled objects (including fishhooks).
- Basic Extremity Splinting Lab: Padded aluminum splints are used to improvise effective extremity splints using the buddy & cast splinting concepts. This requires a cut T-shirt roll and a pair of heavy hiking socks; the socks will not be cut.
- Advanced Extremity Splinting Lab: Common expedition equipment is used to improvise effective lower extremity splints using the buddy, jelly roll, and sandwich splinting concepts.
- Focused Spine Assessment Lab: How to assess and rule out possible spine injuries in a wilderness context.
- Spine Management Lab: Lifting, moving, and packaging potentially spine-injured patients in a commercial or improvised litter.
- Improvised Carries Lab: Quick and practical methods for carrying out an injured patient.
- Improvised Litter Lab: A daisy chain rope litter and stretcher are shown and practiced.
- Dislocations Lab: Relocation techniques for indirect anterior shoulder, lateral patella, and digits are demonstrated and practiced. Jaw reduction and passive anterior shoulder reduction techniques are demonstrated.
- Improvised Hypothermia Packaging Lab: Sleeping bags, pads, tarps or plastic sheeting, and water bags/bottles are used to improvise a hypothermia package.
- Simulations: Role plays incorporating patient assessment & documentation. Makeup is used to increase the reality of traumatic simulations and cutable simulation clothing is required.